Our Schweinfurt plant is Fresenius Medical Care's centre of competence and our production site for dialysis machines. Here overall about 900 employees are working in an environment of technological advances and a family-like corporate culture, where they can take advantage of a lot of freedom and assume responsibility.
Since 1979, Fresenius Medical Care has dispatched dialysis machines for the treatment of patients with chronic kidney failure from Schweinfurt to destinations all over the world. Doctors and patients trust in the high quality and reliability of our innovative products. Therefore, more than every second dialysis machine in operation in the world comes from our factory in Schweinfurt.
“Excellency in quality and profitability” is the motto of the mission statement to that all employees from production, development and administration of Fresenius Medical Care have committed themselves. Their four goals are: “We want to be the best and the most reliable, to work efficiently and to have a common future.”
- To be the best, the Schweinfurt plant offers its clients products of the highest possible quality and durability.
- Due to continuously improved innovative dialysis machines the quality of life of patients with chronic kidney failure shall be increased.
Reliability is a crucial precondition for the treatment of patients with chronic kidney disease in order to guarantee a smooth operation in the dialysis clinics and patients’ safety.
- In the international competition, the Schweinfurt plant asserts itself due to efficient work operations and clear workflows. However, efficient does not mean cheap. Fresenius Medical Care’s expertise is to produce dialysis products either at a higher quality or at a favourable price.
- Due to inventiveness, flexibility and highest requirements for quality, the plant secures a common future for the employees and the Schweinfurt location.
For their successful work the employees received several awards in the last years:
- In 1999, the employees won the 2nd prize in the international competition "The best factory", which is open to all industries, and was awarded by the magazine "Wirtschaftswoche" and the French management school INSEAD.
- In another competition1) of similar scope in 2000, the plant received the German GEO Award (GEO = Global Excellence in Operations) for the particularly efficient organisation of the development and production of dialysis machines.
- In 2005, the employees once again achieved the 2nd prize in the international competition "The best factory" which was awarded by the magazine “Wirtschaftswoche”, the French management school INSEAD and by the German WHU – Otto Beisheim Graduate School of Management.
- In 2006, Fresenius Medical Care received the 26th German Business Innovation Award in the category “Large Companies” for its new dialysis machine 5008 that has been developed and is produced in Schweinfurt.
1) organized by the management consultancy A.T. Kearney, the Financial Times and the German specialist magazine "Produktion"
Schweinfurt is located on the river Main and offers all sorts of facilities to spend one's leisure time in the region between Würzburg and Bamberg, both university towns and famous for their world cultural heritages far beyond German borders.
Fresenius Medical Care Deutschland GmbH
Tel.: +49 9721 678-0
Fax: +49 9721 678-200
Your way to us (PDF-file)
(daily paper for Schweinfurt belonging to Main-Post news group)